Sunday, 3 November 2013

Evaluation of Preliminary Activity

Through completing this preliminary activity I have learnt many terminologies relating to media such as conventions of a front cover and a contents page. These terms have been very useful for when I've been carrying out this activity and have enabled me to construct a professional looking front cover and contents page of a school magazine using Adobe Fireworks. I have gained many skills whilst learning how to use fireworks and its' tools have helped me whilst making my magazine. These skills include how to format professional looking text through the use of kerning, font styles and effects. I liked using the grid and guidelines as these have helped me to create a flowing visual syntax for my final products. Whilst completing this activity I now understand the importance of carefully planning a photo shoot as this makes the end result much more effective as you can decide on the specific pose, costume and location.

Overall, I feel that I have responded well to this activity but next time I intend to carry out some further research in order to help me produce more effective and realistic media products.

No comments:

Post a Comment