Evaluation of Photo-shoot
From carrying out a photo-shoot I learnt about the importance of lighting, costume and props. I used a plain background so there are no distractions from the model. I took mainly medium close-ups and close-ups of the model, I ensured he was making eye-contact with the camera as this is a key convention of a front cover image. I followed my photo-planning sheet which enabled me to produce well constructed images.
I think the use of metallic paint worked well and created a futuristic effect, it also fits in with my potential colour scheme. I asked the model to do a variety of poses which all added effect to the photographs. I think the body language and facial expressions of the model is very important for photographs for a magazine as they can convey the emotions of the article about them. I made use of the models tattoos and included them in the photograph as the secondary focus, he also had a large flamboyant ring which I think has helped the images look fashionable and contemporary. I varied the angles I took the photographs at, most of them I took at a straight on angle but I also took some at high angle shots. I think these photographs make the model look small and vulnerable which could link in with a feature article.
Next time I carry out a photo shoot I will consider other possibilities of lighting such a shining lamps away and using a reflector (umbrella) to shine the light onto the models face. I will also use different locations as I want a range of different types of images.
No comments:
Post a Comment